Industrial Safety Manager
Employment Type: Full-Time
Our client based in Davenport, IA is seeking to add an experienced Safety Manager. This is a direct hire position that offers an excellent compensation and relocation package. The Safety Manager is responsible for driving continuous improvement and employee involvement in the facility's Health & Safety programs. In time, this position may become more involved with environmental programs and regulations. Experience working in a heavy industrial environment and a 4 year degree is required.
• Working collaboratively with corporate and plant staff.
• Manage HSE suppliers, vendors, and consultants as necessary.
• Assist with incident investigations for any incidents, near misses, first aids..
• Actively drive the plant’s efforts in continually improving the safety performance by chairing the Safety Committee, lead monthly plant safety meetings, conducting plant safety walk-arounds. Work with the plant supervisors in preparing and conducting monthly crew safety meetings.
• Develop, implement, and manage the necessary training programs and systems to ensure compliance with Local, State, and Federal regulations and company requirements.
• Take a leadership role in the implementation of activities and best practices that focus on the prevention of incidents creating safe working environment for all employees, contractors and visitors to the plant sites.
• Serve as a coach and facilitator for the risk assessment and behavioral observations processes.
• Perform the duties as the primary contact between State Workers Compensation and facility, responsibilities include providing timely and accurate reports when required and working with Company’s insurance management function.
• Obtain and maintain up-to-date knowledge in aspects of Health, Safety and Environmental regulations and compliance reporting.
• Develop, implement, and monitor compliance with HSE policies, procedures, and processes.
• Assist with Environmental inspections, reporting, and recordkeeping.
• Report any compliance issues to the HSE Manager and Site Leadership in a timely manner.
• Assist the HSE Manager in the event of any Federal, State or local regulatory inspections.
• Assist the HSE Manger in determining the budget for Health, Safety and Environmental expenditures and monitor the expenses to actual budget.
• Collect and analyze HSE data and provide recommendations for improvement.
• Assists site with utilization of the HSE Data Management system.
• Responsible for managing and providing updates on key HSE metrics.
• Take a proactive leadership role in identifying and resolving HSE issues that may arise, fully engaging Corporate, Plant Manager and facility personnel in the process.
• Actively participate with Corporate HSE on special projects, including training and auditing.
• Provide HSE assistance on capital and non-capital projects to ensure compliance with all regulatory and company requirements
• Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field with three (3) years related experience in a manufacturing environment; or equivalent combination of education and directly related experience.
• Excellent interpersonal, planning, organizational, time management, and communication skills.
• Ability to influence others through coaching and behavior modeling by being clear, open, fair, honest, involving others in decisions that affect them, supplying resources as needed, and listening effectively.
• Possess general knowledge and proficiency in general business and the ability to use computer applications, such as spreadsheets, word processing documents, databases and email programs.
• Possess the ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
• Creativity and innovation for implementation of new programs and employee involvement.
• Capability of managing multiple projects and deadlines.
• Ability to work varied hours, be on call, and travel occasionally.
Loading some great jobs for you...