Child Care Group Leader
Employment Type: Part-Time
The Group Leader is responsible for the health, safety, and welfare of each child enrolled in the program, demonstrates leadership, show active participation in the programs, activities, and field trips, and serves as a positive and is a role model to all participants and other staff in accordance with the policies and procedures of the Scott County Family Y.
- Serve as a role model to members and Y staff and, at all time live the mission, vision and values of the YMCA movement.
- Provide extraordinary member services and responsiveness to members needs.
- Provide direct supervision to children assigned to your classroom as well as other program participants at all time while plan activities for children to do that meet the YMCA standards as well as meeting Creative Curriculum guidelines.
- Ensure safety to all participants, including knowledge of emergency procedures and location of emergency equipment.
- Maintain a clean and safe work site; assist custodial staff as needed to ensure a clean and safe environment.
- Prepares incident reports accurately, consistently and in accordance with established timelines. Communicate to supervisor in writing, accident and discipline situations
- Participate in and solicit others to participate in necessary YMCA financial development efforts, specifically the Annual Campaign.
- Maintain certifications listed under Certificates and Other Requirements while ensure that licensing regulations are met and attend all in-service trainings and staff meetings.
- Adherence to all policies and procedures of Scott County Family Y.
- Regular and timely adherence to respective schedule/meetings.
- All other duties as assigned by the Program Director and/or Executive Director.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- A high school diploma or equivalent is required for this position, a CDA, Associates or Bachelor's degree is preferred.
- Experience working with children is required; one year of experience in a licensed child care program or local school district is preferred.
CERTIFICATIONS AND OTHER QUALIFICATIONS:
- Must be able to pass background check
- CPR/First Aid/AED certification*
- Mandatory Reporter*
- Blood Borne Pathogens*
- State of Iowa Essentials training*
*Note: The * noted certification training programs must be obtained within 30 days of hire, if not currently certified. Some are available through employment.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Must be able to stand or sit for long periods each day, must be able to lift up to 30 pounds. Must be able to walk and climb stairs in order to participate in field trips as well as perform other physical activities to lead participant programs.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to small children and toys. The noise level in the work environment can vary from quiet to moderate depending upon the number of participants and activities occurring. This position works in a variety of environments which can include, but are not limited to, indoors, outdoors, schools and gymnasiums.
BENEFITS: Part time employees enjoy a free individual Y membership and participation in the Y retirement program! (must meet hourly eligibility requirements)
PAY RATE: $10.00/hour
Loading some great jobs for you...