Software Engineer I
Employment Type: Full-Time
Position Role/Tile: Software Engineer ILocation: Moline, IL.Job Description:MAJOR PURPOSE:
Works on a product team alongside other software engineers and software
analysts to support basic product design by writing and testing code to
deliver simple to complex functionality on a defined portion of the product it
This is an entry level role that is designed to learn, grow in
competence, and develop the most basic capability needed to operate
effectively in this role.
Work and decisions are reviewed by supervisors
before implementation; Applies existing applications to routine problems.MAJOR DUTIES:
Description of the major duties performed in this job.
Develops, codes, configures, and tests programs and systems.
* Evaluates and implements enhancement design solutions to improve cost,
quality, and performance of software applications.
* Analyzes assignments and determines software specifications that must be
fulfilled to achieve objectives.*
Executes necessary documentation, as directed, or needed.
* Collaborates with other relevant stakeholders and team members to ensure
that features meet business needs.
* Follows industry-standard agile software design methodology for development
Competencies, technical skills, formal education and relevant
work experience critical for successful individual performance of essential
Competencies and target level: The leadership level of the job determines
competencies in the John Deere Competency Model. Resources can be found in the
Talent Central Self Service Portal.Technical Skills & Knowledge:
Specialized skills, knowledge and abilities
needed to perform the essential functions of the job.
* Excellence in verbal and written communication forms with emphasis on
persuasive communication, tact and negotiation. (Has a good understanding
of the principles and can independently use the knowledge.)
* Ability to analyze, translate, and define business requirements into
technical solutions. (Has a general understanding of the principles and
uses the knowledge with assistance.)
* Ability to apply engineering principles and concepts for designs. (Has a
general understanding of the principles and uses the knowledge with
* Ability to manage many competing priorities/requests in a fast-paced
environment (Has a good understanding of the principles and can
independently use the knowledge.)Education:
Formal education or training required to perform the essential
functions of the job. Includes degrees, certifications, licenses and/or
* Degree in an Engineering/Technology discipline or equivalent experience.
(University Degree (4 years or equivalent))
* Degree in an Information Technology discipline or equivalent experience.
(University Degree (4 years or equivalent))Relevant work experiences:
Type and amount of experience necessary to perform
the essential functions of the job. May include specific roles and/or an
understanding of a particular function, organization, industry or product line.
* Previous experience in programming/software development. (1 - 3 years)
* Software development processes experience. (1 - 3 years)
* Participating in Agile Development (1 - 3 years)
* Experience working in an Agile Environment (1 - 3 years)Required Skills:
COBOL, JCL, IMS, DB2, TSO, and SAS
Excellent communication skills
Experience in the maintenance and enhancement of mainframe applications
Central Business Solutions, Inc,
37600 Central Ct.
Newark, CA 94560.
Loading some great jobs for you...